Me and my babies

Me and my babies
Mothers Day 2013

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing


I decided to start making my own Ranch dressing after seeing Jax break out in splotchy, red spots anytime he would eat bottled Ranch dressing.  My kids practically drink the stuff and I came to realize that it must be some preservative in bottled dressing that Jax is either allergic or sensitive to.  I mixed up a batch and let him eat that and low and behold, he didn't break out!  Not one spot! I've recently had a lot of my friends asking me for the recipe for homemade Ranch dressing.  While it's very easy to find recipes online for various ways to make it, I decided to experiment and find my own way of making it that I like.  After about a month of making it different ways I think I have finally perfected it!  So, for anyone who wanted it - here's the recipe! 

1 cup mayo ( I use regular) 
1 cup sour cream ( also regular)
1/2 cup buttermilk  ( you can use less for a thicker, more "dip like" consistency)
1 tsp freeze dried chives1 tsp parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp ceyenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground sea salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend on low until smooth.  Taste and add any additional seasonings/spices as desired.  Enjoy!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment